British Accent Training
British accent training offers many advantages, and no system works as effectively and efficiently in teaching to speak like a native speaker as the course "Learn the British accent - FAST!"
Among the people who can benefit from British accent training, actors and actresses would probably pop up first in most people's minds. However, many people in the entertainment and broadcasting industry would also benefit from training, especially those who often do voiceovers. British accent training can also be a plus for people who plan on working or living in the United Kingdom.
A tough accent to acquire
Learning a new accent, though, can be difficult even for native English speakers. Needless to say, those who are still learning English may find the accent especially tough to pick up.
The general British accent training options include:
- Formal classroom training
- Books (self-learning)
- CDs (self-learning)
The Learn the British accent - FAST! Course
While you can choose from many different alternatives, no British accent training course approaches "Learn the British accent - FAST!" in detail and accuracy. Developed by a professional accent trainer for motion picture actors, this course uses an e-book and audio files to allow anyone to learn to speak like a native British speaker.
By devoting only 13 minutes a day to your British accent training, you can quickly learn to speak authentically with all the right sounds, phrasing, syntax and other British English characteristics. The reason that this course is so effective is that it gives a rounded and thorough treatment of all aspects of British English. Among the concepts covered include:
- Vowel sounds - You will learn the right length for British English vowels
- Other sounds - The British accent includes many distinctive sounds including the contrast between voiced and unvoiced consonants.
- Word linking - In British English, you connect some words so that they sound like one word.
- Insertion of sounds - You will learn how to insert certain sounds between words the way native British speakers do.
- Silent letters - Some letters may be silent when using the British accent. For example, the "b" in "climb" and "comb" for ending letters, and the "c" in muscle for letters in the middle of the word.
- Voicing - Some letters are voiced or unvoiced depending on a number of factors. For example, the "p" in pup is unvoiced while the "b" in pub is voiced. Voicing gives extra clarity and sharpness to the letter's sound.
Reasons that people have difficulty with this accent
The main reason that up to 97.7 percent of them fail to acquire a British accent, despite making concerted efforts to do so, is a lack of proper information on British English. In order to become one of the 2.3 percent who successfully learn the British accent you will need a powerful learning system like the Learn the British Accent- FAST! Course.
With this fast and effective British accent training system, you can take advantage of the simple and easy-to-follow format to pick up all the intricacies of the language quickly and perfectly. The course works regardless of your native language or educational background.
The Slo-Mo Technique
One of the secrets of this British accent training course is the Slo-Mo Technique invented by the system's creator, Michael E. Andrews. A British dialect coach and author with extensive experience in training entertainment professionals, Andrews created a system in which the student learns in a way that best suits human biology. The technique embeds new sounds and the correct pronunciation deep in the long-term memory and in the brain's speech centre.
In addition to the Slo-Mo Technique, the Learn the British Accent- FAST! Course includes 21 other powerful methods for mastering the British accent. The idea behind this programme is to help people learn an authentic accent that people would not detect as unnatural.
Cheaper and faster than a tutor
A British accent tutor can be very expensive and, in many cases, not very effective. Many tutors are too technical and use complicated and confusing teaching techniques.
The Learn the British Accent- FAST! Course uses intuitive methods designed for people of all backgrounds so that they can be speaking with a natural British accent in the shortest possible time.
The course consists of a complete accent training e-book and an MP3 recording that will help students master the correct pronunciation just like native speakers. You can download both the e-book and MP3 audio recordings right from the product website, and they are compatible with PC and Mac operating systems.
Additionally, when you order you receive five bonus offers:
- A special e-book for practising new sounds
- An additional MP3 audio file for the special e-book
- The "How to Effectively Work on Any Accent" guide
- "The 50 Most Common and Typical British Expressions"
- Michael E. Andrews Slo-Mo Reading technique
Order the course now to join thousands of other customers who have reaped benefits from this innovative learning system.
© Copyright ABC ACCENTS 2009. All Rights Reserved. www.britishaccent.co.uk